Welcome to the Evergreen Boys Basketball Family
Note from your Director
My name is Chastity Wynn and I am your boys basketball director. I will make every effort to make this an amazing season. I am an open book and believe in good and clear communication. My son has played with the organization for a few years and he loves it just as much as I love it. What I notice is, the more involved the parents are, with the organization the better the experience are for the kids. I promise to give your kids maximum effort on my part I just ask for the same in return.
Expectations for players:
- Attendance: show up on time to practice and games
- Effort: to give your coach, family, fans the same commitment that they are giving you
- Attitude: good sportsmanship, no taunting or trash talk
Expectations of parents and spectators:
1. When at practice and games parents are to let coaches coach. You can watch and cheer respectively for the team from the sidelines. Your player may find it difficult to perform because they are trying to listen to you as well as the coaches. Please let the coaches be the coach.
2. Do not speak negatively about coaches or other players in front of your child or other players at any time.
3. Be positive and supportive with your child! You are a big part of helping them have fun and enjoy the experience!
Expectations of coaches:
- Make sure each player feels an important part of the team.
- Establish reasonable goals for team improvement and growth.
- Set a good example for sportsmanship; includes being respectful of officials & leading by example for your players.
- Be Organized – have practice plans, delegate responsibilities to Asst. Coaches/Parents appropriately.
- Focus on Fundamentals – develop a strong foundation in the fundamentals of basketball skills.
- Be everyone’s Coach; focus on motivating & teaching through positive reinforcement. All youth players deserve your coaching at practice and in games. If you coach you own child, treat them as an equal to the entire team.
- Make sure that each player has fun and continues to love the game; encouraging kids to stay in the program
General Basketball Information:
Eligibility: You must reside in the Evergreen Elementary school boundary and your child must be 7 years old by December 31, 2019 and has not reached the age 19 by March 2, 2020. If any questions please reach out to the Director.
Division Eligibility:Age brackets are as follows
- Rookie – 7 Years or 8 years.
- Cub - 9 Years and under (Recommend first year players, age 8 or 9, play in this League for one year. 7-year-old players not eligible for this Division).
- Bear – 10 Years and under.
- Minor - 11 Years and under.
- Nets – 12 Years and under
- Intermediate - 13 Years and under.
- Junior - 15 Years and under.
- Senior - 18 Years and under.
Instructional League: Also known as the rookie league, the purpose of this division is for instruction and training. It is intended to provide a transition tothe next level in basketball. This age group is generally 7-8 year old. Nine year old players may participate if this is their first year in organized basketball and with the permission of the League Commissioner.
Team Selections:Teams will be selected by the Director prior to December practices begin. Each age division will have 5 opportunities to have gym time during Open Gym Calls. The coaches will be able to assess the talent of the players and determine Competitive levels. So please try to attend.
Coaches: Head Coaches are selected by the Director and assistant coaches are selected by the Head coaches. We are always looking for volunteers and if you are interested in coaching please reach out to the Director.
Practices and Games: Practices will start December 2, 2019 and games will start January 11, 2020, more information to come on that.
Free Agent Policy: Children who live within the Evergreen Elementary school attendance boundaries will only be released to play for another association if we are unable to place them on a team. Please contact the Director if you have any questions.
If you have questions about Evergreen Basketball please contact our
sports director Chastity Wynn at EAABoysBasketball@PlayEvergreen.com or